GUIDELINES FOR GRANTS-IN-AID 2013
The 2013 Grant-in-Aid competition will begin accepting letters of intent on April 15th, 2013 (Deadline May 15th)
The WFN will award grants for specific educational or applied research projects in neurology and the applied neurosciences as part of it activities as a registered charitable organization and its mission to “foster quality neurology and brain health worldwide”
To provide funding for low cost, high impact educational and outcomes research projects.
Please note: Projects to provide healthcare, basic science and ongoing research proposals are not eligible.
Neurologists of Member Societies
Relevance: How does the project directly address the mission of the WFN?
Value: What is the return for invested effort, funds or time? (Priority will be given to low cost, high impact projects)
Viability: Is this a limited time project with a measurable outcome or is it an initiative that will grow and become institutionalized? If the latter, who will take over responsibility after the WFN’s initial involvement?
Synergy: within the WFN – among Committees, Initiatives and Task Forces:
- with outside partners, governmental and non-governmental organizations, the WHO, funding agencies, etc.
- potential for publicity and fundraising
Evaluation: How will the outcome be measured?
- Letter of Intent (LOI) due by May 15th, 2013
- Applicants notified of results by June 15th, 2013
- Applications due by July 1st, 2013
- Applicants informed about final results by July 30th, 2013
Funding of successful applicants begins as soon as it can be arranged thereafter.
Applications should be submitted using the WFN grant application form available on the website, and should include the following:
- The name of the sponsoring group and individual initiator(s) with his/her Curriculum vitae
- A title of the project
- A description of the project
- The direct relevance of the project to the mission of the WFN
- The viability of the project
- The timeline of the project, dates and duration
- A budget in US dollars
LOI and Applications should be submitted to:
to Vladimir Hachinski
Email: Rebecca.email@example.com / Phone: 519-663-3624 / Fax: 519-663-3910